Senior Manager for US Tax practice
Deloitte Israel's U.S. Tax Practice is seeking an experienced Tax Manager/Senior Manager to join our growing US Tax Practice.
It is envisioned that the selected candidate will lead an engagement team and draw on experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax consulting and compliance services to multinational clients; and will address complex tax issues and provide tax analysis and recommendations. The selected candidate will fill a "market facing" role by leading engagement teams, advancing marketing strategies, and enhancing outreach and relationship cultivation.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various consulting/compliance engagements.
- Leading large US income tax compliance projects, including tax return preparation and review.
- Managing various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to cross-border federal tax planning, restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes.
- Researching federal tax legislation to assist in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- Coordinating with client's tax and finance departments on tax planning and compliance data gathering.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- Assisting clients with their implementation of specific international tax structures and processes
- Overseeing complex tax computation projects for clients in diverse industries.
- 4-5 years experience providing US tax return preparation services. Experience with tax consulting and international taxation preferred.
- Extensive experience working with tax preparation software such as GoSystem, CorpTax, and OneSource, as well as Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel and Visio)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong executive presence and experience participating in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong research, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Native-level English is required.